Monday, October 18, 2010

Can We Bridge The Gap?

I am sitting here at work getting ready to punch in and do some final preparation for the Fall Conference we will hold the rest of this week starting tomorrow at noon. We will have people from all over the world here, both Crites employees and some customers.

I have been thinking about the Palouse agriculture industry and have a fiew ideas. Can we market all agriculture together? Can we, as industry leaders, step up and market a balance between organic/natural and conventional farms? One would think so if we are to share this land and grow enough food to feed the world. I have an idea and hope it will work.

I hope to have plans set forth and solidified by the start of 2011 of a campaign to not only market our food products as a team of agriculturalists, but to educate the consumer on those misunderstandings of farming as a whole. I see videos like "Some Food for Thought" by Monsanto and wonder to myself, "can we promote agriculture like a business promotes itself?"

This is the time to do it. The only thing I have left to figure out: how in the world do you run the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...